Google

Friday, September 06, 2013

Endangered Species.

Walking near the Bessborough Hotel today I saw something I hadn't before, and it's very likely I won't again.  It was a vehicle belonging to Sun News Network.  I was tempted to knock on the passenger side window to ask the young lady sitting inside why she was working for them, but of course I'm not stupid enough to do something like that.

SNN may not be around much longer.  The attempt by parent media company Quebecor, owner of various Canadian media properties, to create a Canadian equivalent of Fox News, has proven unsuccessful.  Viewership numbers have been tiny, and requests to the CRTC for a change in their carriage status on cable, which Quebecor has claimed to improve the station's potential audience,  have been rejected.   My question is why SNN  hasn't tried advertising on other TV networks and the print media in an effort to increase their audience, as I've seen no evidence they have.

No comments: