Google

Sunday, May 30, 2004

One of the pieces of software I've got on my computer is Ad-aware, a program designed to detect and remove spyware and other nasties from your machine. However it seems that it doesn't like the cookies that Statcounter, the hit counter i use on this page, uses. I ran it today and one of the cookies it marked as an erasel candidate was the Statcounter one, as I had to re-sign in when I went to look at my page this afternoon. Ah, the complicated world of product interactions. Despite this minor niggle i'd advise anyone who does much surfing to get a program like Ad-aware and install it. For that matter if you don't already you should have antivirus and firewall software on your machine as well. There's no reason to make it easy for troublemakers to interact with your machine, especially if you're using an "always on" system like a cable modem.

No comments: