Google

Saturday, March 09, 2019

I'm So Out Of TV Touch.

This morning I came across an article about how the show SMILF, seen on the Showtime channel in the US, has been cancelled amidst allegations of misconduct against the creator and talk of questionable activities on the set.

Seeing the article was the first time I'd heard of the show.  To be fair it apparently aired in Canada on Crave, a service I don't have.  But it made me think about how much TV has changed.  I can remember a time when CBC and CTV were Canada's TV networks, and the US networks were NBC, CBS, and ABC.  So it was a lot easier to know what was actually airing.  These days you have who knows how many networks and speciality channels, and the streaming services like Netflix are producing their own material.  It's gotten to a point where you probably need to be a professional, or an obsessive TV junkie, to know and keep track of what's going on.

In my case it doesn't help that I don't really watch dramatic TV anymore.  I just can't seem to hook on to any series.  I thought I might watch Magnum PI to some extent, but a couple episodes was all I got around to.  A couple of years ago I had the idea that I would just pick one show and watch the whole season of it.  I may have to consider doing that again next fall.

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.