Google

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Big 69.

No, sex obsessed visitors, I'm not talking about that sort of 69.

Today I did something I don't normally do, buy a 591 milliliter bottle of Pepsi.  And it's a good thing I normally buy diet soft drinks if I want to drink one.  Reading the nutrition information on it was interesting.  That serving of Pepsi contains 69 grams of sugar.  In other words the sugar weighs more than a lot of chocolate bars do.  That's almost a quarter of your recommended carb intake for a single day.  So it's not hard to see how drinking the stuff a lot will keep your weight up.

Incidentally Coke's 500 milliliter bottle contains 55 grams of sugar.  Somehow I doubt the extra 91 milliliters in a Pepsi bottle contains an extra 14 grams of sugar.  It seems Coke's formula is less sweet than Pepsi's.

No comments: