Google

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Another (Stupid) Guaranteed Winning Strategy.

Back in October(I thought it was more recent than that) I presented a strategy for the Daily Grand lottery that will allow you to win on every draw.  We now have a new lottery in my neck of the woods, Pick 2, and once again I can guarantee you'll win on every draw.

Pick 2 is simple to play.  You pick 2 numbers, each ranging from 0 to 9.  If you pick the right first number you'll win.  So all you have to do is play every first number every draw, and you'll win.

The catch is that this will cost you 20 bucks, since each Pick 2 ticket is 2 bucks.  And what do you get if you get the right first number?   2 bucks.  So you'll be spending 20 bucks to win 2.  To win the big prize on Pick 2, which is 99 bucks, you need to get both numbers right.  For example to win last night's big prize you needed to play 17, while the people who played 10, 11, 12 etc. won 2 bucks.

How do you choose the second number?  I haven't got a clue.  You could either play the same second number for each ticket(01, 11, 21 etc.) or play a different one for each ticket(01, 12, 23 etc.), but as far as I can tell neither would be more effective than the other.

Is someone stupid enough to follow my strategy?  I sure hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone does.  Of course if you're really stupid you could play every number every draw.  That would cost you 200 bucks, to ensure you win 117 bucks.  At least with just playing all the first numbers there's a chance you'll win the 99 buck top prize, and if that happens you'll have made 79 bucks by spending 20.  The odds of winning the big prize on Pick 2?  1 in 100.

No comments: