Google

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Bus Time Machine.

I finally got to ride a bus running under the new Saskatoon Transit route structure.  In a way it was like taking a time machine, since I rode the 18 College Park/University.  A route numbered 18 served our area prior to July of 2006, when the last comprehensive renovation of bus routes took place. 

My judgement on the new routes?  Too early to tell yet.  The actual times haven't changed from the previous Route 3 through College Park, so I catch the bus at the same time I had before.  And I can quickly reach the University of Saskatchewan and the Centre Mall simply by catching the bus on one side of the street or the other.  But now there's no direct route to downtown.  I'll either have to transfer at the Centre or the University to some other bus.  Nor have I had the chance to try some of the new routes, like the route from Centre Mall servicing the Stonebridge area.  But the changes aren't likely to bother me like they have some other bus riders.

No comments: