Google

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Today's Cassette, January 13, 2013.

Yep, it's time for another item from my boxes of cassettes.  Tonight it's Iron Path by Last Exit, from 1988.  This was the sole studio album by the quartet of Bill Laswell, Ronald Shannon Jackson, Peter Brotzmann, and the late Sonny Sharrock.  Their previous albums, on the Laswell oriented label Enemy, were live recordings.  Iron Path finds them in much more restrained mode.  It was released on Virgin during Laswell's brief association with the label, which also saw the release of his 1988 solo album Hear No Evil.  This was never one of my best sounding cassettes, but years of sitting unlistened to in my cassette collection hasn't done it any harm.  I was actually going to listen to it a couple weeks or so back, but got sidetracked for reasons I can't remember.

No comments: