Google

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

To The Polls.

Today is provincial election day in Saskatchewan, and I've already voted. Even though it was just past 9 I spent a while in line given that apparently others thought they'd beat the rush too by going early. Who did I vote for? None of your beeswax, folks. I can tell you I didn't vote for the Saskatchewan Marijuana Party, which isn't saying much.

Hopefully if you're a Saskatchewan resident and are eligable you're going to vote today, even if it's just to vote for who you least hate, or to keep a candidate you really don't like from winning.

For those interested in the mechanics of voting here we still use paper ballots. You mark your choice in the circle beside their name with an X and that's it. You vote for one candidate. And unlike some parts of the world elections are always on a weekday, never on a Sunday.

1 comment:

Brent McKee said...

I just got back from voting. Considering that I got to the polls around Noon the place was just about deserted.

In the couple of elections that I worked as a Poll Clerk there were always "surges" in turn-out. There'd be one right when the polls opened, one between about noon and 1 p.m. (usually the smallest one), one right after work, and one after people had supper. You could pretty much track it.