Google

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

As If We Needed Any Proof.

Yep, you know Saskatoon has been hit by a bad blizzard when the Public and Catholic school boards announce all schools will be closed tomorrow. Saskatoon is just not the kind of city where entire schools systems shut down because of some snow. We got rather a bit more than "some snow" today. I can't remember a worse blizzard. It was so bad folks actually found themselves stuck in some of the more isolated parts of the city, such as something like 100 who ended up stuck at Costco tonight. Cars were getting stuck all over the place, and many remain stuck tonight. Crazy that I am I just had to go out this morning, and I got very lucky. I caught my usual bus at its usual time, although its entirely possible it was actually half an hour late. I'm probably lucky I didn't end up stuck someplace, as the bus schedule kind of fell apart as the morning wore on. Conditions were near white out across much of the city, and the local malls were almost ghost towns. Hopefully no one has died.

No comments: