Google

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gear List.

In a shameless attempt to increase the visitor count, and because every musician, no matter how lame, should have one on their site, here is my collection of musical "toys:"

Circa 1986 Fender Japan '57 Reissue Stratocaster, Lake Placid Blue. I've had this one for almost 20 years.
1980 Aria Pro II TS-300 Thor Sound guitar. 3 on a side headstock.
Roland JC60 guitar amp. I really need to find the cover for it.
Boss DS2 Turbo Distortion.
Boss HM2 Heavy Metal.
Boss DD20 digital delay.
Boss RPS10 pitch shifter/delay.
Danelectro Surf and Turf compressor.
Digitech PDS20/20 digital delay.
DOD FX60 chorus. The round knob version vs. the original square knob version. Beats me if there's any circuit difference between versions.
DOD FX80B compressor
Heet Ebow. The late '80s-early '90s black version
Ibanez VL10 volume pedal
Realistic Concertmate 500 sampling keyboard. The Radio Shack marketed version of the classic Casio SK1 sampling keyboard so beloved of today's circuit bending crowd.

Things I'd like to get:

A phase shifter of some sort. Perhaps the Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator, or maybe an old DOD FX20. I like the look of those old DOD square knob boxes.

A Roland D2 or MC09. These little synth/sequencing boxes were designed for the techno/dance crowd, but their odd designs look like they might be interesting for the odder kinds of music I'm interested in. I've fooled around a bit with Jeskola Buzz and other bits of software on my computer, but you can't lug a computer around very easily that's set up for home use.

Perhaps some sort of MIDI keyboard.

I could probably do with a cheap mixer as well.

Of course what I really need to do more of is using the stuff I've got. A familiar story I suppose for lots of people with all sorts of hobbies.

No comments: