Google

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Taste is a strange thing. I was just drinking a Diet 7 Up. I can actually stomach a Diet 7 Up. It does have that aspertame aftertaste but its reasonably drinkable. On the other hand I can't stomach Diet Coke. It just tastes awful. I haven't tried the new Coke Zero, which supposedly tastes like regular Coke, because I suspect I won't like it. I had a bottle of Coke C2, which is calorie reduced by using aspertame, a while back and I thought I could taste a bit of an aftertaste, but it may have been my imagination. Otherwise it tasted pretty close to straight Coke.

My brother was in Saskatoon for Christmas, and he was the one the Diet 7 Up was purchased for. Its not something I'd go out of my way to buy. He left this morning for Victoria, delayed by half a day. Because of some screwup last night the flight from Saskatoon couldn't connect with the flight he was supposed to take from Calgary, so he took this morning's flight instead so he didn't have to spend the night in an airport. Regular visitors will remember I mentioned in a December post that they lost, but fortunately found, a piece of his luggage. So it was kind of an odd trip for him.

No comments: