Google

Friday, July 25, 2008

Crushing All In Man.

In a post a while back I discussed that bugaboo of online poker players(and sometimes real world players) the All In Man. Tonight I once more faced an example of this species. I've been playing a bit the last week on Mansion's poker site after getting a CD ROM in the mail that offered me 15 bucks free. I decided to play in one of their $1.20+.30 Sit and Go tournaments. One of the players turned out to be an All In Man. Again and again he went all in. Sometimes he would lost a good hunk of his stack, only to win it back. I finally got a hand I just couldn't fold, pocket kings. Unlike the example in the previous post this time my overcards held up against his all in with J 4, doubling me up and severely crippling him. He got some of it back, but a few hands later I called his all in with pocket jacks along with another player who went all in with his last 600 chips. All In Man had a measly 4c6c, and was crushed when a third jack came to give me JJJ, while the other all in player caught a straight. Winning that KK hand had put me in the lead, and I held on to it for the rest of the game, winning 7 bucks. It sure was nice to have someone else's poor play fail against my good cards, instead of his rolls of the dice getting paid off as all too often happens.

No comments: