Google

Friday, January 26, 2007

Cowboys, Back To Back.

A common complaint about online poker sites is the hands dealt by their hand dealing algorithms. And sometimes you do kind of have to wonder. Tonight during a freeroll on PokerStars I was dealt KK. During the course of the hand another K came down and I won the hand with a set. I passed on a couple of hands due to poor cards and was then dealt KK again. Once again I ended up with trips, much to the chagrin of another player who had AA as a starting hand. How often in a real world game will a player be dealt Kings in one hand, win with 3 Kings, be dealt Kings a few hands later and win yet again with trips? On the other hand I was playing a freeroll on Full Tilt the other night where I was dealt JJ 3 times during the course of my participation and managed to win absolutely nothing with those Jacks, so like real world runs of cards it probably averages out in the end.

No comments: