Google

Monday, January 16, 2006

The German evenings continue. Tonight its The Man Machine by Kraftwerk. When I first heard this album several years ago I was quite surprised to find that some of it was familiar to me. The local CBC TV station used edited versions of "Spacelab" and "The Man-Machine" as filler music in the late '70s or early '80s. They were used with the test pattern before the station came on air in the mornings if I remember correctly, as well as during the occasional technical difficulty.

I had other music running in the computer's CD drive today as well. First was trumpeter Donald Byrd's Free Form, another of the Blue Note reissues I previously mentioned, which I purchased today. I also played much of the London-Paris disc of the double live Yellow Magic Orchestra album Fakerholic.

No comments: