Google

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Looks like George Lucas won't have to worry about making his money back on Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith. The film reportedly grossed 50 million dollars on Thursday, the highest one day ever sales total for a film.

Somehow I doubt I'll see this in a theatre. I didn't see Episode I or Episode II on the big screen, and in fact haven't seen either film at all. I've just never been interested enough I guess. For that matter I haven't seen the Matrix sequels either. In a way I think they were redundant. The ending of the original film reads very well as a conclusion to the story set out in the film, without the need for sequels.

I can still remember fairly well the ads for the original Star Wars. My parents, brother, and I saw it fairly soon after it opened at a drive in. Given how few drive ins are apparently still around I doubt this happens very often anymore.

No comments: