Google

Sunday, May 08, 2005

I've been prowling eBay a lot lately looking for musical equipment to pick up cheap, and I'm starting to notice some of the same stuff for auction over and over again. A good example is this auction for a Roland SH3 synthesizer. This is the third or fourth time I've seen this on offer in the past month or so. You'd think he'd figure out by now that his starting bid is far too high. Frankly even with a low starting bid he's likely not gonna get 1300 bucks for an SH3, which is one of Roland's earliest and most primitive synths.

I could have bought an SH3A, the followup to this keyboard, years ago for dirt cheap, as it sat in the basement of a now defunct music store for a long time. Even better would have been the Roland MC202 synthesizer/sequencer I could have bought from another shop, but was too chicken to ask the guy about. I probably could sell it today for twice what I would have paid for it.

No comments: