Google

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Outside the kitchen window of the house is a thermometer. For the past couple of weeks or so, but I bet its actually been longer, a spider has been sitting on it at night. I can't help but wonder why. Perhaps its warm there at night from the heat leaking out of the window. Or maybe the light attracts something it likes to eat at night. Autumn is gradually approaching, and I imagine the occasional spider will begin to show up in the house. Unfortunately for them I usually vacuum them up when I get the chance. We have enough bugs in the house as it is, since we have a problem every year with camelback crickets infesting the basement every summer, not to mention ants sometimes getting in. At least we don't have to worry about some of the more agressive spiders, such as the brown recluse, that cause problems for people in the more southerly parts of North America.

No comments: