Google

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Visual.

What's your visual prescence online?  To the best of my knowledge there are only two photos of me online, one I took myself,  and my accidental capture when GoogleStreet View scanned Saskatoon a few years ago.  You can't see my face in either, which has been okay by me in the past.  All you can tell is that my hair is brown, and I could do to lose some weight.  Other people have extensive photo collections of themselves on places like Facebook and Flickr.  They're obviously more physically comfortable with being seen than I am.  In a way it's funny given how many people are paranoid about their online security.   There are people I've never met who I might recognise if I ever ran into them, merely because I saw their Flickr feed.  Of course it's a big world, and that's not likely to happen, but it is something to think about.

No comments: