Google

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Disposal.

I'm a considerable way from being one of those people that are the focus of certain TV shows these days.  But I do have lots of stuff lying around collecting dust for no go reason.  I've been thinking about getting rid of it for a long time, and today I finally got around to at least making a start.  I took a bunch of magazines to the local recyling spot after thumbing through them to see if I wanted to keep any.  I didn't, because the material in them is either very dated or available online these days.  Still, it was interesting looking through old issues of Air International to see what was going on with various air forces and military procurement programs in the '80s.  There were things like the Chinese wanting to buy US F16s, this of course being before the events of 1989 soured Western attitudes towards selling the "good" Communists in China weapons.

Some might ask if I considered trying to make some money off of these.  I did, briefly, but realised it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to say try and sell the good condition ones eBay, while others weren't in sellable condition.  Still, it's fair to say that one of the reasons I have kept so much of what I kept is that I paid for it in the first place, making it seem like a waste to throw things out. 

No comments: