Google

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Nightmare Lottery Scenario.

I was just checking the numbers for the Saturday Western 6/49 draw to see if I would have won anything if I would have played my usual numbers.  I wouldn't have.(Not that I had a ticket of any sort.)  But it made me wonder if anyone has ever experience the nightmare scenario:  You look at the lottery numbers, and find out that if you had played your set of numbers that draw you would have won the grand prize.  Of course I'm thinking about a lottery like the Lotto 6/49 or the American Powerball lottery, where you have to get 5, 6, or more numbers to win millions of dollars.  Given the odds of winning such lotteries are in the millions to one the odds of not playing your numbers when they would have won should be identical.  

No comments: