Google

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Bunch Of Hot Air.

Yep, I'm going to post about the "Balloon Boy" saga before it gets too stale. Does this count as Shameless Hit Mongering?

Thinking about the case this morning reminded me of the animated movie Up that was in the theatres this summer. I would imagine a few kids tried to imitate the plot of that film by tying balloons to things, including themselves, and were profoundly disappointed. No doubt a few have spent the last few days trying to make tinfoil balloons so they can try flying, or at least launch their own balloon. And we're bound to see some copycat attempts by people old enough to know better in short order.

I'm surprised to hear that the kid won't be facing charges. I get the impression they like to charge 'em pretty young in some parts of the US.

I wonder how long it will be before a "movie of the week" of this story hits the air. I'm sure the obviously publicity craving Heene parents are even as I write this trying to sell their version to someone. Sounds like they'll need the money for legal expenses. And you can be sure an episode inspired by this story will appear on Law and Order or CSI sometime in the next year or two.

Finally, Falcon? You named your kid Falcon? What were you thinking? Oh, that's right, apparently rational thinking isn't a high priority in the Heene house given that you're not only alleged hoaxsters, you've also appeared on the TV series Wife Swap. I'm sure at least one of your kids will be writing a tell-all book about his childhood 20 years down the road.

No comments: