Google

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Was It You?

Well, it certainly wasn't me. Last night's Lotto 6/49 draw was for what turned out to be a pot of 50.3 million dollars. In the end four different tickets won, three n Ontario and one in Quebec. Each winning ticket is worth $12,574,733. Curses, there goes my plan to buy eastern Saskatoon, erect a force field over it, and declare it the new country of Gueguenlandia. In reality my "wild schemes" if I won all that money didn't go much further than maybe playing an event or two in this year's World Series of Poker. I'd probably lose the money, but you can take that kind of hit when you have 50 mil. The 6/49 is now back to its base prize of 4 million, and no doubt a bunch of people who bought tickets for the last draw are back to claiming "lotteries are a tax on the poor," or something along those lines. Me, I'll readily admit I regularly buy a couple of Western 6/49 tickets a week. The prize may not be as big, but the odds of winning a prize period are better due to each ticket having two sets of 6 numbers. And it's only a buck, versus two bucks for its older brother.

No comments: