Google

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Where Are You, Thomas?

Seeing this video on YouTube served to remind me that there was more to Thomas Dolby than "She Blinded Me with Science." So I decided to go see if I could find a copy of The Golden Age of Wireless. Not only have I not found one so far, but most of the stores I visited don't even have a Dolby section. A check at Amazon.ca seems to indicate that its not available domestically, but an import(US market?) version is available. I guess I may have to order it from them at some point. This really surprises me given how big of a hit "Science" was. Its probably another album that's due for a fancy reissue.

I wonder if the title of the album was intended as a tip of the hat to the Buggles and their album The Age of Plastic and its hit "Video Killed the Radio Star." Before becoming a solo artist Dolby was a member of the group The Camera Club alongside Bruce Woolley, who was an early Buggle.

No comments: